As you can tell from the title, this blog entry doesn't go well. Pretty soon after leaving Suwarrow I came down with a tummy bug. The details I won't go into, all I can say is that when we got to Samoa a few days later, it was still lurking about. When we reached Apia, on Upola island, we were able to clear customs alongside a wharf . The first thing that hit me about samoa is that its hot, humid and alot bigger than the cook islands capital island, Rarotonga. Has my first impressions on Samoa began, we also said goodbye to the journey's voyage crew. With such a great bunch of people, it was sad to see them go. I hope they enjoyed the adventure as much as we did.
|Living alongside, watching the neighbours move in.|
1. They love their churches. There are tonnes of them and more are being build even bigger.
2. The buses are awesome, like disco trucks crammed with people.
3. For a small town, Apia has a lot of battered women centres.
4. One the whole, the people are very smiley.
5. I saw the cutest stray puppy, can I keep it?
|Apia's Clock tower - the only sightseeing we got.|
Working two more days on the ship,we even began to sleep out on deck to beat the heat. Feeling well rested, in good health and excited about the next voyage, we welcomed aboard the new vc and sailed out of the capital.....