So what would I do in 2013 if money was no problem? This ladies and gents, is my ultimate travel journeys.
1. Sail to the Antarctic aboard a Tall ship. I first heard about The Europa and its voyages to Antarctica, I was hooked on the idea. Visiting the white continent is definitely on my wishlist. And if I won the lottery, I could afford to do it in style.
2. Trans-Siberian railway: Beijing to Moscow. I'd take my time, stopping off in Mongolia (one of the countries I'm kind of obsessed with), before making my way through the Russian lands.
3. The American dream. Its been in recent years that I've had a desire to visit the land of opportunity. And if I had the finance, I'd buy a decent pick up truck, put a swag in the back and zig zag across america.
4. South America baby. I'd learn to Tango in Argentina, drink lots of wine in Chile, drive across salt flats in bolivia and see ancient cities in Peru. And as money is no problem, I'd do a Spanish language course too!
5. Volunteering in Kenya. Helping out in an area in need and improving the lives of others is some thing I'm interested in for my future. And if I had the money, I'd use some of it improve conservation and also the health care of people less fortunate than myself. The next time I'd do volunteering, I would want to do it for at least 6 months.
I truly believe that if I put my mind to it, I can do all these things in my life time. However, without a windfall, it may take a while...
* Pictures courtesy of www.barkeuropa.com, www.penguintravel.com, www.fellsho.com, perutips.wordpress.com, and pinterest.com