I wish I could tell you that my lack of blogging in Sydney was due to a hectic schedule wining and dining my way through the city. But my lack of health, funds and a partner in crime have meant I spent a lot of time sleeping, drinking too much coffee and organising our departure. When I finally felt better, the weather just got worse. Yet being back with my other half has been amazing, and definitely worth rain and sniffles.
In between the coffees and sneezing I did manage to have a little fun out and about. This included;
- Watching Django Unchained at Broadway cinema. Haven't been to the cinema in ages and so worth it.
- Getting sunburn at Coogee beach. A few months under an English sun (or lack of) and I burn like a baby. Before you ask, yes I was wearing sunscreen.
- Sighting HMS Endeavour at the Australian maritime museum. Looks like so much fun to sail.
- Visiting the Australian gallery of contemporary art. Opening after renovations, this to my mind was better than my recent visit to the Tate modern.
- Enjoying a few glasses of Cider in the rocks.
- Chewing the fat with old friends.
- Browsing bookshops in Balmain.
There are a lot of touristy things I could have done in Sydney, but as a second time around, my priorities were a little different. I wanted to spend the evenings with a tired sailor and my days thinking of Queenstown.