Sunday 1 September 2013

Bluebird days


When a night's snowfall is followed by a sunny, bright day, the phrase 'bluebird day' is used.  It is the perfect conditions for skiing/riding. You get to enjoy the fresh powder without a lack of visibility or frostbite. For the last few days Coronet Peak Ski Field has been enjoying some great weather conditions.

  The day after the snowfall, my morning commute up the mountain was one of the most beautiful I've had so far.  With the sun coming up over the mountains, I couldn't help but feel this was going to be a good day.


    On my lunch break I even got to have a quick ride, taking in the view from the very top.


But  it wasn't until the following day I was free from work and able to make the most of a sunny riding day.






It has been a good week to be in Queenstown.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...