Monday 5 November 2012

Riding a geriatric horse


Horse riding - Vanuatu style.  
Of course my horse was rather 'mature.' With no teeth and little energy to carry some British chick on his back, I spent a lot of the time feeling guilty. He also didn't really want to move once knee deep in the water.  None the less, we made it through parkland and beach all the way back to the staples, without my horse dying.  

One of my favourite moments was when 'the Swede' was rescued by a Vanuatan knight in shining armour!


A great day playing with horses.



* last two pictures via the swede, who keeps a blog here. its looks amazing and makes me want to learn Swedish.. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok that looked like it was so fun! I want to ride horses on the beach!

Unknown said...

You should! Although I'd recommend a younger horse...

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

I was just looking through some of your posts -- it looks like you are having a great time. I hiked a volcano when I was in Guatamala and it was intense. You are right about the sulpher lung and I actually did not bring enough water with me and so was SO parched by the time I got back down! I have never been to Vanuatu. It looks like one to put on my list!

Unknown said...

Vanuatu is definitely one for the list! So much to see and do.

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...