Friday 22 July 2011

Wallaby vs Guinea Fowl


In my post Stalking Wallabies I mentioned how getting a non-blurred photo of a wallaby/walla-rue or kangaroo seemed out of my capabilities.  Well, a few days ago, I spotted this guy on the station. And so did the guinea fowl, leading to a weird show down. My favourite part was where our hopping friend ploughed into the feathered mob that had surrounded him!

Also this week, there was another snake incident. I didn't stand on it. No this time the cowgirl I share with got a nasty surprise when she went to the fridge. That's right people, a snake had made its way into the house to the top of the fridge.  As my house mate has some issues with snakes, it was my job to evict it. Luckily for me it was a tree snake (i.e not poisonous) and was feeling cooperative and climbed into a cool bag. I then hoisted it up using a mop handle (sure, someone might may its not poisonous but I'm taking no chances on this continent!) and relocated it away from the homestead.

True to say, sometimes you don't need to go trampling around the bush to see the wildlife.  Sometimes it comes looking for you!

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...