Tuesday 16 April 2013

Appreciating the here and now



This John Lennon quote often pops into my head, especially since I started this country hopping malarky. For too long I've been consumed by arriving at new destinations. Whether by plane, sea or foot, I've been working so hard to get to places, sometimes I wonder if I made the most of experiencing them.  Not this time. Not Queenstown.

As we plan to stay put for a while, I've made a conscience decision to appreciate the little things here. To watch the mountains change colour at dusk and dawn, to take note on the changing seasons and enjoy my morning tea.

But most importantly, I get to actually have a normal relationship, you know the one, where you get to  spend time together that does not involve Skype.  I get to live my life instead of waiting for it to begin.

In short, I'm going to take a deep breathe, look around me and just 'be' for a moment.

* Image from here.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...