We got on the plane, got paid work and found a home for the next six months. Now what? This is a question I've been asking myself a lot lately. What do I want from my time in Queenstown? What activities do I have to do before I leave? After much consideration, this is my list.
- Paraglide. From my bedroom window I can see the para-gliders jump off the gondola area and all I can think is 'you lucky bastards!' - Done! 22/04/13 from coronet peak!!!!
- Learn to Snowboard. This is the big one and the main reason I'm in Queenstown. I'm not looking to join the Olympic squad, just good enough not to hurt myself
- Go to the Ice bar - always wanted to try one of these places
- Go out on the lake aboard the steamboat TSS Earnslaw
- Go up on the Gondola
- Have a go on the luge
- Attend the winter festival - Done 21/06/13 I saw fireworks and everthing!
- Walk the Ben Lomond track
- Visit Wanaka. - Done 16/07/13. A trip with my fantastic family members
- Take a glide out on the ice rink. - Done. Turns out to be one of the scariest things I've ever done.
There are a lot of things to do in Queenstown and this is just a shortlist. Has anyone else been to Queenstown? If so am I missing an essential activity off my list? All ideas welcome!